Introducing: Me, a Blog about Me
Welcome to the first instalment of Me, a Blog about Me. So in this blog, I’ll keep you updated on the happenings of my life – mostly what I’m reading, what I’m doing, what I’m getting triggered about…
Anyway, so I don’t really know how to start this off, but I’m gonna give it a try.
At the momento, I’ve taken up training for the Kokoda Challenge which is a smaller version of the trail the ANZAC’s had to face in Papua New Guinea (just like without the danger of being shot (see carefully how I didn’t say dying because it’s a heck of a long way and I don’t know if my legs can carry me that far- I read, not exercise). I also engage in the sport of rowing as I’ve discovered that after carrying piles of books from my house to school to the library, I’ve gained some impressive arm muscles.
I’m one of those people who don’t finish a book before starting a new one (I apologise, I know I’m a disgrace) so at the moment you can find me reading the final book of the Recoil series, To Kill a Mockingbird and Harry Potter & the Cursed Child. I read a wide range of genres, but I’m particularly a sci-fi, dystopian world kind of girl. Nothing beats books about the worlds futuristic end…
Some random facts about me:
- I do eat pineapple on pizza and I am not ashamed of it.
- If you suggest I watch a movie that was first a book BEFORE I read the book, run & hide because I will not be happy. I enjoy watching a book turned film so I can point out everything the director missed and then further voice my opinions on why they did it. (When the Fault in Our Stars came out in the cinemas, I went to the 11PM premier screening just because it took me two hours beforehand to read the book so I’m serious about this).
- Unlike most of my generation, I can get by without my phone (sometimes I purposely leave it at home), but you will never see me without my Kindle or a book somewhere in my bag.
- My friends and I mostly speak in memes, so I thoroughly apologise if you read something I’ve written that you physically have to shake your head at.
- I really hate feet. No reason why, I just do.
- Online I’m super socially-awks, but in person I’m ~supposedly~ quite outgoing and confident.
So that’s about all I got for this first blog. (Hopefully) I’ll see you (on my screen) next time.